Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

VDay

I often struggle with Valentines day because I want everything to be perfect. Over the years, when people fail to meet my soaring expectations, I get disappointed and frustrated... even angry. This year, I still struggled, but I decided to try to focus on making this day special for others instead of worrying about it being special for me.

Yesterday, my sisters and I made chocolate covered strawberries. Besides the beautiful result (yummy gifts for friends and family), we had lots of fun making them. I wish I had taken pictures. Then today, we went to the homeschool valentines skating party... a Stablein/Tinsley tradition. Okay, so I'm not officially homeschooling yet, but we have connections. ;-) Everyone in my family came to the party except for Russell and my dad. Hooray for flexible schedules! David had so much fun skating, playing skeeball, getting and giving valentines, and eating snacks. I posted photos on Facebook, so be sure to check them out there.

In preparation for the party, we decorated a shoebox with lots of Spiderman stickers (David's favorite superhero). Today, David gave each of my sisters, my mom, and Felicia a rose and a box of candy. My mom got me a gorgeous rose and Mike got me some beautiful roses and candy and made me a really sweet card. After going to Zumba with Shannon, I made a yummy dinner and used my nice china and turned the TV off while we ate.

All in all, it turned out to be a really nice day. Turns out that you can create your own happiness instead of expecting to get it from others. (Imagine that!) =) Taking the time and finding ways to bless others is often the best way to find peace and happiness. I love my family SO much. My mom was so encouraging to me today and I'm so glad to have so many wonderful people in my life who love me! I couldn't ask for more wonderful children, husband, and family. Happy Valentines Day to EVERYONE!!!

No comments: