Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gutsy

At the moment, I'd describe myself as guarded and overly cautious... not something I'm proud of. Someday, I think it would be amazing for someone to describe me as gutsy (and not just because they read this blog). Gutsy is such a great adjective. It comes directly from "guts" as a description for someone who has them (guts, that is). I admire gutsy people. Like my friend, Emily, for instance, who has a one year old and moved to another city to go to law school. This, after she's already been out of school for a while and had a pretty established life. The problem is, I don't know how to become a gutsy person and there's not exactly an instruction book for people who want to become gutsy... at least not that I know of. So what should I do? How can I become one of those people who GO for it? There are so many things that feel impossible, but I'd like to do them. SO many people fail... but there have to be some who succeed. Maybe one could be me??? I suppose that some people just have more gutsy personalities, but maybe one of the main ingredients for gutsy-ness (is that a word?) is confidence that what you have to offer is valuable and other people will want it.

I still haven't figured out how to even start being gutsy, but I would like to pay tribute to all those who went for it and failed... you're more gutsy than I.

No comments: