Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

New York and Staying Busy


So, after that last post, I decided to get busy. I figured out how to make a couple of new types of flowers, and also made some ruffly/appliqued burp cloths. Two of the cloths are for Keeley, and I'm thinking I will use some as gifts, but I also plan to sell some in my shop. I made some for both boys and girls. In the last couple of days, I made 11 of these flowers:

9 burp cloths like this, but 6 still need embellishment:

I finished a bunch of satin flowers and made some headbands like this one:
Also made this type of flower and put them on headbands/clips:


So all in all, a decent amount got done... and I had fun doing it!

We just got back from vacationing in Breckenridge, Colorado this past week and now, I just found out that I get to go to Boston and New York the first part of July!!! Mike has to visit Boston for work stuff, and so we plan to extend the stay and make a mini sight-seeing tour of it. I am super excited because I've never been to either place. Boston is supposed to have a really cool sailing culture, which I love (I think), and New York... do I even have to explain? Food, music, shows, shopping, history, and much, much more. I'm gonna get to see how part of the rest of the world lives, and that always excites me! I hope I come back with inspiration from that part of the world.

More items to be posted to my Etsy shop soon! Over and out for now!

1 comment:

karmen2011 said...

I LOVE New York City. It's one of my favorite places to visit. Also, your burpcloths are super cute! I haven't mastered applique as of yet. It's my nemisis. Any tips?