Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plotting and Pondering


As you can see, I have a new header. I figured it was time for something more customized than the standard Blogspot deal, so here is what I designed. It was actually my husband's idea to emphasize the "art" part of heart and I am really happy with how it turned out. =) I also designed a button to go along with it, so if you have a blog, you can add me to your page now! Yay!

I am working to open an Etsy shop soon, but I am getting my products ready and working out all the little details before I get it open. I will post a link just as soon as I get things up and running. I will be selling my little headbands and flowers and hopefully some cute prints as well. Here are a couple of photos:


My adorable baby girl is modeling for me here.

I have also started a Pinterest account and you can check out all the eye candy that I have been collecting for the past week or so. Pinterest is like a visual collection of all your favorite things. Check out my pinboards here.

One thing I noticed as I have been collecting pins is that it seems like there are only 9-12 visual representations of women's interests on Pinterest... in the form of pinboards. Perhaps it is because those are the pinboards suggested to you when you join, but I have a feeling that maybe it is because we all have a lot of the same interests. I see boards for:

home decorating
food/desserts/baking
beautiful places we'd like to be or visit
fashion/clothing
photography
art
words/sayings/quotes
DIY Projects
Parties and celebrations

Perhaps those are just very broad categories or perhaps they are most easily represented visually. Anyway, I mentioned it to my husband as an interesting item and he responded that men also only have a few categories of interest. Those might include:

cars
video games
women
food
and ummm.....

Just kidding. My husband has lots and lots of interests... like sailing, bicycling, learning, dancing, garage sale-ing, and much more.

Over and out for now. I'll ponder the interesting things I come across until next time I can share my pondering with you. =)

No comments: